Swedish Massage Includes
Massage oil or cream is used with smooth, gliding strokes. Swedish massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits. It is a classic massage that will ease your stress and allow you to slip into a calm state of relaxation. Hot towels are also included. To
book your appointment, click here
Benefits of Swedish Massage includes:
- Reduces Stress. Many of us live demanding lives, both overscheduled and over-worked. Stress can manifest in the body with increased muscle tension and sometimes pain. Stress can manifest in the mind with increased worry or anxiety. Swedish Massage helps to clear the body and mind of unwanted responses to stress.
- Increase Flexibility. Swedish Massage will elongate the muscles, open the joints and decrease swelling, all of which will ease movement and increase flexibility.
- Improve Posture. While postural imbalances have many sources, including overworked muscles due to repetitive strain, overcompensating muscles to ease stress on overworked muscles, prolonged sitting, or injury, Swedish Massage helps to ease the muscular holding that underlies postural imbalance.
- Improve Blood Circulation. Massage dilates the blood vessels and widens the membrane pores in the body, improving your body’s ability to deliver fresh blood to muscles and organs.
- Endorphin Release to Improve Mood. Research shows increased serotonin and dopamine in massage recipients, improving their mood and feeling of emotional well-being.
- Flush out Metabolic Byproducts. As massage stimulates circulation, it flushes out lactic acid and uric acid that build up in muscles due to overuse.
- Increase Range of Motion. Swedish Massage, incorporating stretching and range of motion techniques, will open and lubricate the joints for increased range and more fluid motion.
- Support Healthy Immunity. Because Swedish Massage also encourages the flow of lymphatic fluid, it increases lymphocytes, immune cells that are produced in the lymph nodes.
- Increase Nutrient Supply to Muscles. By increasing circulation, Swedish Massage increases the blood supply and nutrients to the muscles.
- Increases Energy. Increased circulation also means more oxygen delivered through the body, resulting in a boost in energy.
- Improve Sleep. Studies show that getting a massage increases serotonin levels in the body, so you can fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Relieve Headaches. Many headaches or migraines are a result of stress and/or poor circulation. Swedish Massage relieves the stress associated with tension headaches and improves circulation.